VESTA (Visualization for Electronic and Structural Analysis) is a 3D visualization program for structural models, volumetric data such as electron/nuclear densities, and crystal morphologies. Some of the novel features of VESTA include:
- Deal with multiple structural models, volumetric data, and crystal morphologies in the same window;
- Support multiple tabs corresponding to files;
- Support multiple windows with more than two tabs in the same process;
- Deal with virtually unlimited number of objects such as atoms, bonds polyhedra, and polygons on isosurfaces (theoretical limit on 32bit operating system is 1,073,741,823);
- Support lattice transformation from conventional to non-conventional lattice by using matrix. The transformation matrix is also used to create superlattice and sublattice;
- Visualize interatomic distances and bond angles that are restrained in Rietveld analysis with RIETAN-FP;
- Transparent isosurfaces can be overlap with structural models;
- Isosurface can be colored on the basis of another physical quantity;
- Arithmetic operations among multiple volumetric data files;
- High quality smooth rendering of isosurfaces and sections;
- Export high-resolution graphic images exceeding Video card limitation.
For the full list of features and supported file formats, see the official page.
The VESTA manual can be found here.
For the current list of installed versions, use:
$ ml av vesta
This module is currently availble on the Barbora cluster only.