- Personal information (required, note that without this information, you cannot use IT4I resources):
- Full name
- Country of residence
- Academic affiliation
- Academic affiliation country
- Organization/affiliation type (University, Company, R&D Institution, Private sector, Public sector(hospital, police,) AV)
- Job title (Student, PhD student, Researcher, Research assistant, Employee)
- Statement that you have read and accepted the Acceptable use policy document (AUP)
- Attach the AUP file
- Your preferred username (length is limited between 4 and 7 letters)
The preferred username must associate with your first and last name or be otherwise derived from it. Note that the system will automatically add the
it4i-prefix to your username.
- Public part of your SSH key
If you don't provide it in the ticket, you must add it manually after your account is created.
- All information above should be provided by email that is digitally signed by a CA authority. Read more on digital signatures below. If you do not have such a digital signature, you can choose an Alternative way to personal certificate.
Example (except the subject line, which must be in English, you may use Czech or Slovak language for communication with us):
Subject: Access to IT4Innovations Dear support, Please open the user account for me and attach the account to OPEN-0-0 Personal information: John Smith, USA, Department of Chemistry, MIT, MA, US I have read and accept the Acceptable use policy document (attached) Preferred username: johnsm Thank you, John Smith (Digitally signed)
You will receive your personal login credentials in an encrypted email. The login credentials include:
- system password
Certificates for Digital Signatures¶
We accept personal certificates issued by any widely respected certification authority (CA). This includes certificates by CAs organized in International Grid Trust Federation, its European branch EUGridPMA and its member organizations, e.g. the CESNET certification authority. The Czech "Qualified certificate" (Kvalifikovaný certifikát) provided by PostSignum or I.CA, which is used in electronic contact with Czech authorities, is accepted as well. In general, we accept certificates issued by any trusted CA that ensures unambiguous identification of the user.
Certificate generation process for academic purposes, utilizing the CESNET certification authority, is well described here:
The certificate file can be installed into your email client. Web-based email interfaces cannot be used for secure communication, external application, such as Thunderbird or Outlook must be used. This way, your new credentials will be visible only in applications that have access to your certificate.
If you are not able to obtain the certificate from any of the respected certification authorities, follow the Alternative Way below.
FAQ about certificates can be found here: Certificates FAQ.
Alternative Way to Personal Certificate¶
Choose this alternative only if you cannot obtain your certificate in a standard way. Note that in this case you must attach a scan of your photo ID (personal ID, passport, or driver's license) when applying for login credentials.
An alternative to personal certificate is an S/MIME certificate allowing secure email communication, e.g. providing sensitive information such as ID scan or user login/password.
The following example is for Actalis free S/MIME certificate, but you can choose your preferred CA.
- Go to the Actalis Free Email Certificate request form.
- Follow the instructions: fill out the form, accept the terms and conditions, and submit the request.
- You will receive an email with the certificate.
- Import the certificate to one of the supported email clients.
- Attach a scan of photo ID (personal ID, passport, or driver license) to your email request for IT4I account.
Web-based email interfaces cannot be used for secure communication; external application, such as Thunderbird or Outlook must be used. This way, your new credentials will be visible only in applications that have access to your certificate.