Calculation nodes and the service infrastructure is connected by the HDR100 technology that allows one 200Gbps HDR port (aggregation 4x 50Gbps) divided into 2 HDR100 ports with 100Gbps (2x 50Gbps) bandwidth.
The cabling between the L1 and L2 layer is realized by HDR cabling, connecting the end devices is realized so called Y or splitter cable (1xHRD200 - 2x HDR100).
The computing network thus implemented fulfills the following parameters
- Latencies less than 10 microseconds (0.6 μs end-to-end, <90ns switch hop)
- Adaptive routing support
- MPI communication support
- IP protocol support (IPoIB)
- Support for SCRATCH Data Storage and NVMe over Fabric Data Storage.
Mellanox QM8700 40-Ports Switch¶
- 40 X HDR 200Gb/s ports in a 1U switch
- 80 X HDR100 100Gb/s ports in a 1U switch
- 16Tb/s aggregate switch throughput
- Up to 15.8 billion messages-per-second
- 90ns switch latency
- 1+1 redundant & hot-swappable power
- 80 gold+ and energy star certified power supplies
- Dual-core x86 CPU
- Adaptive routing
- Collective offloads (Mellanox SHARP technology)
- VL mapping (VL2VL)
BullSequana XH2000 HDRx WH40 MODULE¶
- Mellanox QM8700 switch modified for direct liquid cooling (Atos Cold Plate), with form factor for installing the Bull Sequana XH2000 rack