The Compute network is configured as a non-blocking Fat Tree which consists of 60 x 40-ports Mellanox Quantum™ HDR switches (40 Leaf HDR switches and 20 Spine HDR switches).
For a higher resolution, open the image in a new browser tab.
Compute nodes and the service infrastructure is connected by the HDR100 technology that allows one 200Gbps HDR port (aggregation 4x 50Gbps) divided into 2 HDR100 ports with 100Gbps (2x 50Gbps) bandwidth. The cabling between the L1 and L2 layer is realized by HDR cabling, connecting the end devices is realized by so called Y or splitter cable (1x HDR200 - 2x HDR100).
The compute network has the following parameters
- Latencies less than 10 microseconds (0.6 μs end-to-end, <90ns switch hop)
- Adaptive routing support
- MPI communication support
- IP protocol support (IPoIB)
- Support for SCRATCH Data Storage and NVMe over Fabric Data Storage.
Mellanox Quantum™ QM8790 40-Ports Switch¶
Mellanox provides the world’s smartest switch, enabling in-network computing through the Co-Design Scalable Hierarchical Aggregation and Reduction Protocol (SHARP)™ technology. QM8790 has the highest fabric performance available in the market with up to 16Tb/s of non-blocking bandwidth with sub-130ns port-to-port latency
- 40 x HDR200 200Gb/s ports in a 1U switch
- 80 x HDR100 100Gb/s ports (using splitter cables)
- 16Tb/s aggregate switch throughput
- Sub-130ns switch latency – Optimized design
- 1+1 redundant & hot-swappable power
- N+1 redundant & hot-swappable fans
- 80 gold+ and energy star certified power supplies
- Adaptive routing
- Congestion control
- Collective offloads (Mellanox SHARP™ technology)
- VL mapping (VL2VL)