Salomon Supercomputer Withdrawal From Service¶
Content updated on 08.09.2021
Due to installation of the new Karolina supercomputer, the Salomon supercomputer may run at reduced capacity. The Barbora and DGX-2 supercomputers continue regular operation.
Salomon Withdrawal From Service¶
Salomon Access and Job Scheduling¶
Salomon compute capacity is reduced due to Karolina supercomputer operations.
- All jobs might be scheduled to finish on Monday 06.12.2021, 9:00.
- Access to Salomon login nodes and data will be preserved to 03.01.2022, 9:00.
- The above dates may be shifted to later time. Changes will be announced via the MOTD and via this page.
The PROJECT storage is available to hold the /scratch/work data.
- The new PROJECT storage is available as of 15.3.2021.
- Users should synchronize any remaining data on /scratch/work/ to the PROJECT storage themselves.
- The data on the Salomon /scratch/work/ will be read-only from Monday 06.12.2021, 9:00.
- The data on the Salomon /home and /scratch storage will become permanently inaccessible starting 03.01.2022, 9:00.
- No backup or data transfer is scheduled for /home or other storages by IT4I, data will be permanently lost on 03.01.2022, 9:00.
- Make sure that you save all the relevant data to external resources or to PROJECT storage before 03.01.2022, 9:00.
- The above dates may be shifted to later time, according to the progress of Karolina deployment. Changes will be announced via the MOTD and via this page.
- The Salomon supercomputer's future is under negotiation for reuse within the academic domain. More information will be posted here.